Good news ladies! So far this year we’re already seeing spring’s biggest beauty trends in full force on the lovely ladies that attended last night’s People’s Choice Awards. No matter what their age, skin tone or style, these celebs all donned simply executed hair and makeup looks that delivered a high level of refined elegance — that’s very good news for all you DIY beauty buffs out there! We broke down our favorite looks into five beauty trends, from wine-stained lips to up-to-the-heavens hair, each totally achievable at home and just as wearable. Scroll through to see the best hair and makeup from the PCA carpet.
1. Bellamy Young: The Scandal actress is ushering in a new classic with her brow shade. Most women’s eyebrows tend to vary in shade and rarely match their current hair color, but Bellamy has managed to execute this exactly. The warmth in her brows brightens her entire face giving her a glow to be reckoned with.
2. Bella Throne: Bella’s brows are matchy-matchy with the darker hues in her hair, a trick that subtly but effectively ties together her entire look. For a similar effect, apply a powder that’s slightly darker and richer than your tresses and highlight around your arches to make ‘em pop.
3. Sadie Calvano: The young Mom actress’ brows appear to have a slight auburn tint to them, matching the hue of the babylights on her strawberry-blonde locks, which gives her a slightly edgier look. Girls with growing roots, take note of this beauty trick.
1. Ariel Winter: The Modern Family actress’ eyes are all about that sparkle. Fine blue glitter not only takes her dark lids to the next level, but accentuates her brown eyes and dark vixen lashes. Confined to just the lid, as opposed to sprawling out like a smokey eye, the glitz feels extremely sophisticated.
2. Sarah Hyland: Two words perfectly describe the Modern Family actress’ icy eyes: big and balanced. Especially when applied heavily around the inner part of the eye, a light, shimmery powder brightens your gaze just like that. Coupled with the sweeping lashes, which accentuate the outer corner of her eyes, Sarah’s set get a elongating lift fit for a princess.